September Stuff: More State Association Meetings, Washington, D.C. Fly-In and AMOA Committee/Board Gathering
With Labor Day upon us, the summer season is nearly history. The family vacations are winding down, schools are--or soon will be--back in session and the college/professional football campaigns are ready to kickoff.
It wasn't long ago that it was also time for the AMOA International Expo, but with the creation of the Amusement Expo that made its debut in 2010--and held annually in March--it created a sizable void in the ninth month of the industry's calendar.
Well, it didn't take long for the vacancy to be filled:
- Next weekend, the Georgia Amusement & Music Operators Association (GAMOA), will conduct its 2014 Trade Show, September 5-6, at the Hilton Atlanta Northeast, in Atlanta;
- In the middle of the month, September 17-18, AMOA will participate in the "Don't Change Our Change" Fly-In to Washington, D.C. Its delegation will connect with representatives of other trade groups for a day of advocacy on Capitol Hill on September 18;
- One of the many AMOA working committees conducts a planning session during last year's AMOA Mid-Year Board Meeting in New Jersey.
- --And later in the month, the Amusement Machine Owners Association of Florida (AMOAF) will conduct its annual membership meeting at the Doubletree by Hilton at Universal Studios in Orlando, FL. The dates are September 26-27;
- Finally, and at about the same time, AMOA's officers, directors, staff and guests will assemble September 26-30 at the Marriott on Marco Island for its Mid-Year Board meeting. Virtually all of the association's 20+ committees will huddle and provide status reports during the group's Board of Directors meeting on September 29.
We hope you enjoy the traditional "last hurrah" of the summer during this Labor Day holiday weekend. And we look forward to an active, productive and fun fall season, starting with the slate of events on the September schedule.
-- Jack Kelleher